Lets starts with
What are Google AdWords?
- Google AdWords is a pay per click (PPC) advertising platform which is an extremely effective way of driving relevant, qualified traffic to your website when people are searching for the types of products or services your business offers.
- If you are running a promotion or you just need a quick injection of sales, then a Google AdWords campaign is the fastest way to get your website listed on the first page of Google for the Key Words of your choice.
- PPC/Google AdWords is a bidding system where we bid to have your ads shown to the relevant audience.
- Each time your ad is clicked on, Google charges a fee per click. Clicks range from $1 – $10 per click, depending on your industry and location.
How do Google AdWords work?
- We create a list of Key Words that are relevant to the products and services you want to promote and sell.
- We then confirm the Google click budget and the locations you want to target.
- When the Key Words are typed into Google, your website appears up in the paid ad section on page 1.
- Once your Google budget is used up for the day, your ad is taken down and will reappear the next morning.
- As we optimise your campaign, the cost per click becomes cheaper which means you receive more website traffic for the same cost.
- Key Word examples for a builder in Nelson: ‘New Homes Nelson’, ‘New Builds Nelson’, ‘Builder Nelson’, ‘Commercial Builder Nelson’.
We highly recommend having a SEO strategy in place while your Google AdWords are running
The Gym Analogy on the difference between Google AdWords and SEO
Google AdWords is like steroids – quick, fast and powerful with short term benefits but if you train hard and eat well, you will produce long term results – the same goes with SEO. To be organically listed on page 1 of Google, it takes time and patience with consistent work being done behind the scenes.
Google Display Banner Ads
Google Display Banner Ads are paid advertisements that appear on website pages in the form of graphics. Google Display Banner Ads are different from a Google AdWords listing, which only appears on the search engines’ results page. Google AdWords appear only when a person is searching and Google Display Ads appear when a person is viewing a website.
Your Banner Ad will appear on thousands of different websites and apps that are part of the Google Display Network every month. We can create specific parameters for your Display Ads: which sites they appear on, which geographic area they appear in and which demographic or niche market they appear to. For example, a car dealership can target people of driving age who live in their postcode and are visiting auto-related websites. The benefit of targeting your Display Ads is that you can maximize your spend.