What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is either a single standalone web page, or a specific web page (or pages) on a multiple page website that’s designed for a specific audience with just one main goal e.g get people to signup to an email list, download a document, share relevant personal details, book a call, or appointment, enrol in a course, or purchase a service, or item.
No doubt you’ve been to a landing page more than once. Perhaps you’re browsing on Google, Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube, and you click a link on the platform that takes you to a web page. More often that not, that web page will be requesting information from you, or proposing an offer. If the landing page was successful, you may have even taken the business up on its offer? If it wasn’t, you probably clicked away, never to return again.
As you can see, it’s super-important that a landing page is well designed to achieve the specific goal your business has in mind e.g guiding site visitors into your sales funnel. If the landing page is well-designed and optimised, then it should result in strong conversion rates e.g visitors responding well to your call to action (CTA) and doing what you want them to do. To wrap your head around how Sky Media’s landing pages work and how they might benefit your business, we’ve compiled a list of our top tips for landing page optimisation.
1. Landing Page Conversion Goal
We’ll identify the exact action you want your website visitors to take when they arrive on your website. We’ll make sure your conversion goal’s clear and build each landing page around that goal. Our top 3 conversion goals for powerful landing page results are…
- Sign up: The visitor/s signs up to your website, or email list.
- Booking: The visitor/s call you, or schedule an appointment with you.
- Make a purchase: The visitor/s buys your product, or pays for your service.
The overall aim of a landing page is to get as many visitors to convert as possible. Landing pages tend to be short, sweet and to the point, so we’ll aim to communicate the offer with a simple call to action that’s between 5-6 words. With a clear CTA, people can easily digest the information and take action in a matter of seconds. With an unclear CTA, people just click away.
2. Multiple Landing Pages for Multiple Products & Services
Many businesses benefit from more than one landing page on their site e.g separate landing page for different products , or services they’re wanting to sell. Each page is specifically designed to speak to their identified target audience, or a specific person e.g a person aged 30+ professional female who is living in a target location, loves to cook, has disposable income, and could potentially be interested in buying your cookbook, or kitchenware.
According to Hubspot, ‘Companies tend to see a 55% increase in leads when increasing their number of landing pages from 10 to 15.’ The more landing pages you have, the more opportunities you have to sell specific products, or services to highly targeted audiences and by doing so, you cut through the noise of the internet to speak to the person you’ve identified as your ideal client.
Top 3 Times for a Landing Page…
- When running paid Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, or Google Ads, you can direct traffic from the ad to a landing page that compliments your ad campaign.
- When running an event, you can send traffic directly to the event’s landing page with all the necessary information, and a booking system for tickets.
- When launching new products or services, you can run a marketing campaign that drives all attention to a landing page that matches the campaign’s message.
Sky Media’s Landing Page Copy is Designed to Sell
Our landing page copy is designed to be minimal and relevant to your target audience, while urging them to take immediate action. We create this with the following:
- Headline: An attention-grabbing headline.
- Description of Offer: A simple, informative, straight to the point offer letting visitors know how the product, or service will benefit them.
- Call To Action: A clear call to action e.g signup, call, book, or buy.
- Footer: Easy access to key contact details for people who need more information.
Is that it? Yes, that’s it. Simple, straight to the point, designed for quick action and quick results.
Additional Landing Page Elements
Social proof can boost the appeal of your landing page, because it builds trust quickly. This helps customers to feel more comfortable about taking your call-to-action. Trust building features include:
- Client Testimonials
- Proof of social media likes, shares, follows etc
- Number of happy customers, or purchases to date
- Logos and endorsements from well-known clients
Make Your Offer a No-Brainer
Keep it simple and to the point, as it’s all about a clear offer, a clear call to action, trust elements and contact details. Make your offer so simple and irresistible that it’s the obvious choice. Ideally, people should be able to make sense of your page and take action in a matter of clicks, or a matter of seconds.
Sky Media’s landing pages can help your business successfully convert visitors into subscribers, leads, or buyers. If you think your business could benefit from a landing page, get in touch with Sky Media’s tea today to discuss the benefits of a strategic marketing campaign, paired with a complimentary landing page.